Speaking of Mustangs
Here are several published articles written by Dr. Jay Kirkpatrick and his team for you to learn more about Porcine Zona Pellucida (PZP) and its application to population management of the American Wild Horses. Watch for additions to this page.
There are several great organizations that support sustainable management of the mustang population, lobby for better laws to protect them, collect data on herd groups, provide sanctuary to gathered bands, and provide public education and opportunities to view the horses. Please email me if you have suggestions for more organizations to list here!
- http://www.sccpzp.org - Support the Science and Conservation Center, a 501(c)3 that makes the PZP vaccine.
- http://wildhorsepreservation.org - American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign - Take Action - learn about current events relating to public land management affecting the horses, and support legal action supporting the horses.
- http://www.wildhorseproject.com - Wild Horse Project - Support a grassroots reality TV show project that will increase awareness of the wild horses.
- Find your connection to the horses by visiting sanctuaries and herd management areas:
- http://returntofreedom.org - Return To Freedom American Wild Horse Sanctuary, Lompoc, CA
- http://www.wildhorsesanctuary.org - Wild Horse and Burro Sanctuary in Shingletown, CA
- http://www.pryormustangs.org - Visit the Pryor Mountain HMA in Lowell, WY
- http://www.reachouttohorses.com/training.html#gentling - Reach Out To Horses Mustang gentling clinics